Effective home and school communications are an integral part of the education of every child. Furthermore, the Vestal Central School District believes that families have a right and a responsibility to be involved in their child's education, and that student learning and achievement are enhanced when parents and staff work collaboratively.Information Sharing:
A well-informed public is an asset to the school district. The school district has a responsibility to formally and informally share information with families and the larger school community. With timely and accurate information diverse groups in the community have the opportunity to make thoughtful decisions that support our children.
Therefore, based upon these core beliefs, the following principles have been established for the Board of Education, School Administrators, Teachers, Support Staff, Families and Students.
- We shall proactively build positive relationships to engaged families and the larger school community
- We shall promote timely, ongoing, and respectful exchanges of information with families and the larger school community.
- We shall address emerging issues with families and the community at large.
- We shall utilize traditional methods and emerging technologies to communicate and share information with families and the community at large.
- We shall welcome opportunities for families and the community at large to participate in school programs, events and activities.