- IB Diploma Program started in 1968 and has grown to include 948 US high schools and 5,175 high schools in 157 countries.
- IB planning committee formed in 1997.
- IB Diploma Program began in Vestal in the 1999-2000 school year.
- Challenge students to think critically, expand knowledge in a wide variety of subject areas.
- Help students manage their time and gain useful study skills.
- Prepare students for academic demands of colleges and universities.
- Offer students the opportunity to make connections within and across subject areas.
- Provide an international perspective to their learning.
- Assist students to gain entrance into the colleges and universities of their choice.
IB/Honors Related Links
International Baccalaureate Organization
The official site of the International Baccalaureate Organization. Includes information about its programs, history, participating schools and related resources.
The College Board
The resource for information on the SAT®, the PSAT/NMSQT® and the Advanced Placement Program®. Useful information for parents, students and educators on college admissions, enrollment and financial aid.
AP® and Advanced Placement® are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.