Welcome to the VHS On-line Driving Orientation
At Vestal High School, we consider student safety to be a serious matter. As a parent/guardian you may be considering allowing your student to drive to school, park on campus and leave for lunch. Please note our driving and parking regulations:
· Only seniors may park in the front lot. These senior parking spaces are outlined in green. Students must not park in the parking spaces outlined in white or yellow, as these are reserved for staff, visitors and bus drivers.
· All students with a valid school-issued hang-tag, may park in the Library and Little League parking lots, as well as the designated area above the guard rails on Sammon Field.
· Students parking in any of these lots who do not have a valid, school-issued hang-tag are subject to discipline according to the Vestal Code of Conduct.
· All Student Drivers MUST complete the Saving-Driving Orientation AND register their vehicle.
For your student to be eligible to park on campus, both you and your student must:
1. View this online safe-driving orientation.
(See in the right menu of this page, "Step 1: Review Videos.")
2. Complete "Step 2: Review Rules" and submit the quiz... Please note, results of the Safe Driving Quiz are emailed to the Assistant Principals' Office, and you do not need to print these out.
3. Fill out the VHS Driving & Parking Verification form, found in Step 3.
The completed form must be submitted to the Assistant Principals’ Office, where a parking hang tag will be issued to eligible students. You must watch the videos, complete the quiz and turn in your Driving & Parking Verification form in order to get a hang tag. The directions and forms are also available in the Assistant Principals' Office.
We sincerely hope that these requirements provide an opportunity for you and your student to have a frank discussion about the safety issues associated with student driving and encourage safe habits and behaviors associated with the privilege of driving to school.
We look forward to partnering with you to work toward a safe high school experience for your child. If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Assistant Principals’ Office, 757-2279.